In keeping with the Morgan’s Wonderland mission of inclusion and the desire to enable everyone to play, wheelchair users have the opportunity to transfer into waterproof wheelchairs provided by the park, free of charge. The park also provides complimentary waterproof bags for ventilators and O2 water-collar covers for guests who need to cover tracheas. We proudly provide three types of waterproof wheelchairs that fit a variety of heights and sizes to ensure EVERYONE can fully embrace the freedom of accessible, inclusive play.
See you at Wheelchair Valet, located at the entrance of Morgan’s Inspiration Island.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I reserve a waterproof wheelchair?At this time our wheelchair valet system operates on a first-come, first-served basis; wheelchairs cannot be reserved online. Guests can request a waterproof wheelchair at the wheelchair valet podium near the Morgan’s Inspiration Island main entrance. Our staff will assist guests in getting the correct wheelchair to fit their needs. We ask that no more than two guests follow into the changing rooms.
- Is there a fee to use the waterproof wheelchairs?No, there is no cost to use the waterproof wheelchairs.
- Are changing rooms available, and are they wheelchair-accessible?There are 7 accessible changing rooms with adult-sized changing tables. Two of these rooms are equipped with Hoyer lifts for transferring purposes. We also offer 4 (typical) changing rooms for those who do not need assistance while changing clothes. They are all located near the entrance to Morgan’s Inspiration Island.
- If the wheelchair I need is not available, may I use my own wheelchair?If a waterproof wheelchair is not available, guests may use their personal wheelchairs until one of our wheelchairs becomes available. Important: You may use your own wheelchair at Morgan’s Inspiration Island, however it is not recommended. Morgan’s Wonderland and Morgan’s Inspiration Island are not responsible for any damage to your personal wheelchair or personal items. Individuals with physical limitations are strongly recommended to use our specially-designed waterproof wheelchairs and accessible waterproof strollers. We have a limited quantity of complimentary waterproof wheelchairs for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Is there a time limit on how long I can use a waterproof wheelchair?There are no time limits on how long a guest can use one of our waterproof wheelchairs.
- Will the waterproof wheelchairs be made available for sale?Our waterproof wheelchairs are currently not for sale.
- Will fitting accessories be available for proper seating?Yes. In order to meet our guests’ mobility needs, the following accessories are available: laterals, harnesses, foot blocks, chest straps, foot straps, seat belts, etc. at no additional cost.
- Do you provide protection for those with tracheas, ventilators and O2 tanks?We provide waterproof bags that protect the ventilators and O2 tanks from getting wet as well as water-collar covers for guests who need to cover tracheas at no additional cost.
- Will wheelchairs float away?While each of our 5 splash pads are ultra-accessible for wheelchair users, there are no areas of submerging water or places for wheelchairs to float away in.